Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Paranoid?

A couple of weeks ago I went into a local grocery store. I noticed a young man in a hooded sweatshirt on a bench outside the store. He watched me as I went into the store and when I came out with a shopping cart. As I walked to my truck I "felt" someone following me. I turned and there, in the almost empty lot, was the same hooded-shirt man 20 feet behind me. I gave him the evil eye. He stopped, then turned and walked in another direction.

Last week a 74 year old woman in the same place was robbed of her purse by a "young man in a hooded sweatshirt". Yesterday an 84 year old woman was robbed as she headed to her car a block away by, yep, "a young man in a hooded sweatshirt". I think it was the "evil eye" that saved me. I also think there is no such thing as too much paranoia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may have saved you! Thank the Goddess of paranoia

AMGallegos said...

A Mom's evil eye can wither any foe at 30 paces!

Katie Bowen said...

You're my hero!