Saturday, August 18, 2007

Neighborhood Quandry

4 or 5 days ago a skunk was hit by a car on our little street. Since then neighborhood has been standing around trying to figure out a solution to the poor dead skunk. We look a little like a road crew staring at a pothole.

Jeannette suggested "someone" call the SPCA to remove it. Lisa said maybe "we" should just put it in one of our trash barrels. I said maybe I could harvest the bones since I like to make sculptures using animal bones. "You'd do that?" Jeannette wanted to know. "Probably not", I said.

Meanwhile the little skunk, we decided it's a youngster, lies now by the side of the road in the shade of a big old cypress tree. Today someone suggested we dig a hole somewhere and bury the skunk. "Hmm", we all said. And so it goes...

It's just a good thing this is not a matter of life and death.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bout' putting it on the skunk train?

CJGallegos said...

That must have happened. I noticed this morning the little dead skunk is GONE! (and I DID hear a train whistle in the night..)

Simple Recipes said...

you guys are too funny..do you know how many dead skunks we have seen?? peeuuuuuhhhhh