Saturday, December 13, 2008

Better than a potato chip

We have a moth living in our bathroom. It's been there for weeks. I usually 'get rid' of things like this. For some reason I've spared this little guy. I figured, how long can a moth live anyway? During the day it moves to a spot on the wall touched by the sun. When it's dark the moth moves over to its place just above our nightlight.
Today I looked closely and I think it's beginning to look a little like a crucifx. Could it be? It is the season afterall. Should I contact our newspaper? People have sold potato chips with curious images on them. Why not me? Why not our moth? (click image for finer detail. Prepare to become a believer.)

9 comments:

AMGallegos said...

Send this in to the newspaper and you could get a line of Watsonville Catholics outside your door that would rival the pilgrims coming to see Mac's Christmas lights. Do you really want that carnival on your street?

CJGallegos said...

One time we took our friend Joanne Mallory, (John's mom) to see the image of the Virgin de Guadalupe on an oak tree in Watsonville. We hiked and hiked into the underbrush. It was a mob scene. Thaey'd already built a chain-link fence around it. We didn't see anything but a gnarled tree trunk. Joanne say the Virgin.

smartz said...

I prefer to believe that it's Frida Kahlo reincarnated.

CJGallegos said...

Smartz: You saw the oak tree too? or are you talking about MY moth?

smartz said...

Yikes! I used to be more precise :>) I meant the moth! BTW sometimes the weird collection of letters that I have to type in to prove I'm not a computer are little blog comments in and of themselves, e.g. this one is "crackeri" !

CJGallegos said...

Crackeri! A mosquito hawk! I like that better even than the crucifix idea, (no offense to anyone..)

CJGallegos said...

Well, Tai. You may be right it's not a moth but in my initial research I see no pictures of the mosquito hawk that resemble my bathroom enigma. Someone please help!

AMGallegos said...

Nobody is going to come to see a mosquito hawk (unless it has a glowing red nose).

CJGallegos said...

You're right, Aaron. I think I'll just report that it's a potato chip.