Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Harper St. Mystery House

I went to a writing workshop at a friend's house years ago. Her front door was a work of art painted by a local artist. I told my friend if she ever tired of the door to let me know. Then I forgot all about it and haven't seen this woman in several years. A few months ago she called me. "You still want the door?" she asked.
"What door?"
"Our front door, the one with the painting!"
"Oh, that door!" I exclaimed although I still didn't remember it.
"Sure I do." We picked it up and yesterday a friend hung it on our new little deck in our back garden. It looks like it leads to a room in our house. But it really is the door to no where.

5 comments:

AMGallegos said...

I see a "Harper St. Mystery House" in your future.

CJGallegos said...

NOw we just need a staircase.

CJGallegos said...

You have to be kidding?! I guess eventually you'll post a picture?

Simple Recipes said...

what a very cool gift...a door..so many openings for you!!

AMGallegos said...

...oh was "Harper St. Mystery House" the title of your blog. Opps, just noticed that!