Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bisbee, Arizona

A saloon on Christmas Eve. 'Al' writing furiously at an outside table. We met as we all left at the same time..
Me: I took your picture through the window. I hope you don't mind,.
Al: Oh, I don't mind at all.
Me: Were you writing?
Al: Always.
Me: If you have email I'll send you a copy of the picture.
Al: No. No email. Happy Holidays.
Me: Good night. Happy Holidays to you.
And Al headed up a side street to Bisbee's mission, open all night, no drinking or loud noise allowed.

5 comments:

Katie Bowen said...

And I really love this picture--and the story.

smartz said...

I'm struck by the kindness-on both sides-of this brief connection. It gives me hope somehow.

CJGallegos said...

I'd love to see Al's stories..

CJGallegos said...

Tai, if I had any expertise at all, this post would have concluded with: Click 'here' to see Tai Moses' essay on the Invisible Writer.

Simple Recipes said...

What a great story and picture..bisbee is full of all sorts of charecters...wish you could have found out what he was writing?