Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm Not There

This week we went to the Nick to see the Bob Dylan film, "I'm Not There". There were 12 of us in the theater and the starting time came and went and we all sat and sat. Finally I got up and went over to a woman I know from a writing group. I said, "I've heard people say this is a strange movie. Maybe this is the movie!" Finally an employee came in to say they were having problems "striking the lamp". I thought, it's not the lamp's fault, but oh well. Soon though the movie did start and I spent the 2 plus hours moving through fields of comprehension and incomprehension. Afterwards in the lobby we picked up a pamplet entitled "The Official Guide to the Movie". I will admit I'd see this film again, especially now that I have the guide.

1 comment:

AMGallegos said...

I'm hoping to see this when it comes out on DVD. I read an interesting review of it in Sojourners.