Monday, December 24, 2007

Paid in full

Yesterday I was talking to a friend who said she couldn't take time off for the holidays because she "was saving her time".
It all came rushing back to me, that work-a-day world where I counted vacation hours, hoarded holiday hours for a real vacation sometime.
People talk about living on borrowed time. This is what it must mean, this borrowing of time. I was a renter from bosses who held the mortgage.It occurred to me, my mortgage is paid, I finally own this time I'm spending. I'm not borrowing anymore and I can spend freely. Even if that means doing nothing more than sitting on a rock all day and watching the sun go down.

1 comment:

Katie Bowen said...

Being able to sit on a rock all day, that's the kind of freedom most people never experience.

Beautiful entries Coop.