Monday, October 27, 2008

The beginning of the end

I went to the mall today to buy an "outfit". It's been a long time since I've been to the mall and even longer since I did any clothes shopping.
I was trundling along feeling pretty comfortable, eyeing the store windows, fingering the cloth when I happened to look down and discovered I was wearing my slippers! Not fashionable slippers but the kind old geezers wear all day because they're easy to shuffle in.
The kind of slippers with toothpaste droppings.
Slinking out to my truck took forever. I'm never going clothes shopping again. At least not without my caregiver.

2 comments:

Katie Bowen said...

When I come out to Santa Cruz, I'll take you slipper shopping. THEN maybe we'll move on to the mall!

xox

Anonymous said...

slippers in santa cruz..ahh no problem..however if you crossed the boarder into capitola..well that is another story!
what a funny tale!
wendyxo