Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween circa 1947

My family and I lived in a trailer court in Southern California. All 4 of us, (the kids) slept in one bed and we used the toilet in the wash house down the lane. Everyone we knew lived like this. We didn't know we were poor and nothing could put a damper on Halloween.
(Front: family friend, Jackie, my little brother, Mike; Back: me, my big brother, Vaughn and Jackie's brother Billie. Missing is our little sister, Beki who hadn't yet caught the fever.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been your neighbor. I loved dressing up for Halloween. But always cried if anyone could tell who I was. smartz

smartz said...

I think I just finally figured out how to not be "anonymous"

CJGallegos said...

Haha. You're progressing much faster than I am. I haven't figured out yet how to have my pic next to my comments!

Simple Recipes said...

let me know when you learn that?? i still haven't learned how to add my picture period...you guys got me started on this!!