Saturday, August 25, 2007

State of euphoria and the ordinary

The weekend I retired my family rented the house in the upper left hand corner of this picture. My sons and their families flew and drove in from Canada and the Mojave Desert. We spent a few days here, (a couple of miles from my house) celebrating. I was stunned to find myself set free from a lifetime of work.

I stood on the rock sea wall staring out to sea . I watched the sun rise over the water and my disbelief turned to euphoria.

Now on a humdrum morning walking my dog along the sand I sometimes have to stop and remind myself of that sense of freedom and that euphoria..(and I have to remind myself how quickly joy can become ordinary)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so right! a lovely blog entry-thank you for the reminder of how we tend to live.
and about "our" beach house..what a treat that was! and when do we get to take it over again?? hee!