Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To avoid fainting...

...keep repeating, it's only a movie.

We moved into our first Mojave Desert house in 1972, a broken down abandoned place that was the last house on the left on Goss Rd. It was haunted by a ghost named Norma, doors opened and closed on their own and at night we heard invisible cars circling the property. We held seances and trembled when our table moved all on its own.
We didn't know it at the time because we had no electricity, no TV, no phone and only one rickety car that was usually on empty, but that was the same year the horror movie, The Last House on the Left was released.
We all could have starred in it.

7 comments:

Sabale said...

super emo eso
http://www.sabaleplus.blogspot.com/
a mi me gusta el fulbo papa

AMGallegos said...

R E D R U M!

CJGallegos said...

Aaron, what does that mean, REDRUM? And what does the first comment mean?

smartz said...

REDRUM = Steven King! Can't remember the name of the book but I remember reading it. It was so compelling I couldn't stop, read right through the night and ended up literally sick. Love your story. So visual.

AMGallegos said...

It's from the Steven King story, "The Shining" and what you said, "what does that mean, REDRUM?" was also an actual quote from the movie.

I think that first comment is spam, but the odd website they link to can't be missed.

AMGallegos said...

By the way, in that "house on the left" in the desert, I once saw the drawers of a dresser open all by themselves one-by-one, from top to bottom, and each slam shut loudly. It freaked me out.

CJGallegos said...

I actually am writing one story in my collection right now that deals with Norma. If you have any more memories, please tell me!