Sunday, November 25, 2007

Flying high



When my sons and I lived in the Mojave Desert we lacked a few basic things. Like a vacuum cleaner for example. Every few weeks, (or longer) we'd go up to town and borrow the Elfring's vacuum cleaner.

I'd vacuum like crazy then my boys would return it and we'd watch the sand and rubble accumulate around us until we couldn't stand it and we'd borrow the vacuum again.

Finally after years of this my kids presented me with a vacuum of my own. Brand new. Apparently they'd been scraping their money together for a while, (maybe from their worm farm wages).

I wasn't exactly the housewife type but I have never been so touched by a gift in my life. I didn't change my ways. Just vacuumed when absolutely necessary but I figured I was one of the luckiest mom's in the whole town.

5 comments:

Katie Bowen said...

I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything, but there is something about a son, a certain sweetness that only a son has for his mother. What a great memory.

AMGallegos said...

Well that sucks.

(Get it? Sucks. The vacuum. ???)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I get it but it kind of lacks the "sweetness" Katie referred to...

AMGallegos said...

I think she was refering to Sol!

Katie Bowen said...

What a buzz kill, Aaron!