Friday, March 27, 2009

Ignorance not bliss

Yesterday I was hiking in a riverbed, my dog and I when suddenly a little red bird flew from the skeleton of a burned tree. It landed not far from us and watched us watch it. It was an incredible little bird, completely red except for its brown wings, the size of a sparrow and so beautiful. And I wanted so much to know what this little bird was.
I've always been on the cusp of knowledge. I've always almost known things.
It's a quandrous place to be, a brittle branch, a place just out of the reach of personal comfort.

3 comments:

smartz said...

"On the cusp of knowledge." What a great phrase. I live there most days it seems. Loved the artwork as well.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say THANKS for this great blog. I stumbled upon you a long time ago and keep coming back.

CJGallegos said...

Smartz, it's like the brain ceiling. Maybe we'll never break through.

Openpalm, thank you. I'm glad you enjoy it. And as a fellow blogger you know how much we love comments!