Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Couch potato badge

When I was in the 6th grade I was a girl scout. I hated being a girl scout. When it was my turn to host a meeting I was mortified because the couch in my living room had a huge hole with springs and stuffing visible.
I wanted to move, quit, change my name, die, but there wasn't time.
My best friend, Stephanie stepped up. She promised to sit on the hole throughout the meeting, promised to not move an inch. She came through. No one found out about the hole. Stephanie deserved a badge.
If I still knew her today, I'd give her one.

2 comments:

AMGallegos said...

She totally deserves a badge. I remember I couldn't join the Boy Scouts, even though I really wanted to, because I wouldn't say the oath that required each boy to say they believe in God. I just thought it was wrong. Still do.

CJGallegos said...

Wow! You know you are amazing, don't you?